Alright so it’s not friday but here’s a few non-truths.
- Why is April Fools Day on April 1st? It was originally on April 2nd, it was the first April Fool’s prank but it sort of stuck.
- According to the old adage, exactly what do April showers bring? Water, duh?
- What is a Haiku? An inhabitant from the planet Haik in Dr Who.
- How did the tradition of hiding eggs on Easter begin? From time days gone when the Easter platypus used to begin nesting.
- Why is it a tradition to serve lamb on Easter? The Easter Bunny (and the platypus) voted against rabbit.
- Why is the season between winter and summer called spring? they tried calling it sinter and wummer but no-one liked either option so they named it after a small onion.
- Since March just recently ended, what is meant by the old adage, “In like a lion, out like a lamb”? England’s rugby hopes in the last Six Nations.
- What is meant by the phrase, “trial by fire”? Something the Spanish Inquisition liked to use before it was banned.
- What is the difference between fact and theory? Social media.
- What is a postulate? A sort of camel.
Happy Eostre, Kyt