Anatidaephobia – the irrational fear that somewhere, somehow, a duck is watching you
1. What do Donald and Daffy have in common? They’re two of the lesser known Marx Brothers, one became a president and the other is Bugs’ friend.
2. Drake is to Hen as Cob is to ………………. ? Bread roll, although if you live in Leicestershire everything is a cob.
3. How many eggs can a peacock lay? This is a trick question, everyone thinks peahens lay eggs but peacocks breed by cell division to produce two identical birds.
4. If you’re out for a duck, what’s happened? You’re playing bowls with Sir Francis Drake.
5. What is the collective noun for a group of ducks? A quackage.
6. What is the fastest duck (can reach speeds of up to 80mph apparently) – The Norwegian Blue (although this might be a parrot).
7. Why do ducks drink water through a tube in their bill? – So they can pose in fancy cafés.
8. What is the largest breed of duck? The Mammoth Pochard which curiously looks just like an elephant. In fact some people say they are elephants but this is obviously a conspiracy theory because there is no evidence to prove they don’t exist – therefore they are real.
9. Why do ducks have three eyelids? – Because they are aliens from Zeta Reticulae.
10. Why do we say ‘like a duck out of water? – If your duck runs out of water you have to walk miles to a garage to fetch a bottle of Perrier.
Thanks to pensitivity101 for this weeks questions.